The Nold Family 4!

The Nold Family 4!

November 9, 2010

Challenges

I remember back to my childhood when something wasn't going my way. I would say, "it isn't fair!" And, my mom would day that, "life isn't fair."

Challenges. Life is full of challenges. Some are big, others are small. Some I have the answers for, others I don't. Some I fly through, others bring me to my knees.

Right now, life seems full of challenges. I'm a busy mom, with lots of responsibilities, commitments and activities. God is growing me and stretching me. He's using these challenges to mold me into the woman He has planned for me. I trust Him, but it's hard. My days are filled with household management, mothering, conversation, games with children, cooking, baking, laundry, cleaning, classes, studying, sweeping, mopping, eating, diapering, errands, shopping, and sleeping somewhere amidst the rest. That's a busy day! And lately, there's been more. Jacob is going through a phase. Emma is adjusting to kindergarten. A close friend is moving. Another is awaiting word on a possible move. A friend and mentor is dealing with a health situation. Moms are struggling and facing challenges themselves. Right now, it feels like a lot.

I'm not the only one who faces challenges, although mine are unique to me. The man driving next to me on the highway, the mom sitting next to me at MOPS, the lady that catches my eye at Bible study and the teen behind me in line at the grocery store...they are all facing challenges unique to them. We're different and we're the same.

So, I keep my faith secure in my God. I confide in close friends and relish in their kindness. Challenges will continue, it's part of life. But I move forward knowing that I am not alone, God has a plan for me and althought challenges may continue, I am blessed.

No comments: